Torn Groin Muscle

Messages of those who have been turned in.
demo
Real Full Name: Brian Demeary
Rank and Rate/Category: POMTP3
Enlistment Date: 18 Nov 1962
Date of Discharge: 07 Sep 1979
Ships and Depots Served: Cerberus, Vendetta, Yarra, Albatross, Melbourne, Creswell, Perth, Brisbane x 2, 1MCE, Penguin

Torn Groin Muscle

Post by demo » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:32 pm

Not sure if this is the right section guys.
For all you Sick Bay Jockeys.
Last Friday evening I was in the shower and slipped on the wet tiles. I went down like a bag of shit, my hand hitting one wall, my head hitting the other wall and then the floor. My legs were at an extreme angle to my body and the right Groin had this incredible pain searing through it.
As I lay there I was able to bang on the door to attract my wife, I could not reach the door handle, she entered and initially tried to lift me up but the pain was so bad. I lay there for about 5 minutes before I could move myself. I now have another scar right next to the one when I fell , again in the shower ,5 years ago. A good example of not having any doors locked inside the house
Luckily her two nieces ( 27 & 20 )were staying over and they helped her get me to my feet.
I could not walk without agonising pain on my right side, even with their help. Even now 2 1/2 days later i still am confined to a wheel chair. Using a walking stick does not help me at all, I shuffle along like a Chinaman. Even laying in bed is a chore that is hard to describe, not being able to move at all.
Has any body had any symptoms like this before and how did they fix it and how long did it take?
Luckily my wife and son have been a tremendous help to me, I truly do not know what I would have done without them.
Any ideas to the time I will be laid up and what can I do to help it mend.
We now have plastic mats on the floor to stop this from occurring again.

Joe
Real Full Name: Joseph White
Rank and Rate/Category: APOWTR
Enlistment Date: 03 Apr 1963
Date of Discharge: 07 Jul 1969
Ships and Depots Served: Sydney Melbourne Cerberus Lonsdale Kuttabul Penguin

Re: Torn Groin Muscle

Post by Joe » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:00 pm

Demo ... how bluddy unlucky on one hand and then how even bluddy luckier that you have groin probs and not head probs.
Know what you mean about pain. I have perephial neuropathy which is a buggered nerve at the base of the spine. Constant pain in both legs and feel like my feet are in boiling water all the time. Throw in cramping in feet arches calf muscles etc etc. Have slept in a reclining chair for 3 years as cannot lie flat. Just to let you know I can offer sympathy!
(Btw .. no cure .. Docs reckon take heavy pain killers like lyrica .. I raise my middle finger in the air and take nothing but am coherent).
My suggestion : SEE THE DOC B4 THINGS GET WORSE.
.... meremba ..soonest treated soonest mended. Keep us informed.

demo
Ships and Depots Served: Cerberus, Vendetta, Yarra, Albatross, Melbourne, Creswell, Perth, Brisbane x 2, 1MCE, Penguin

Post by demo » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:54 pm

Joe,
Thanks for that info mate, I will check it out and see f I can take it what with all my other ailments and medications, too many to list here.
I am getting some relief from having it massaged but still can't bear any weight on that leg
I thought I had problems, you outdo me.
If it is not any better by this Friday the Doc is my next place to go. Take care buddy

demo

Post by demo » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:03 pm

Joe,
I have just looked up that lyrica medication and I cannot take it. Three years ago I had a massive heart attack which left me with such a weak heart, medication like that can damage it further.
As I would love to live a lot longer I am not game to take the risk of having another one. I already have a pacemaker and three stents inserted. What with Asbestosis, a Brain Operation Cancer etc..
A bit to risky buddy. Thanks again for that tip though

Joe
Real Full Name: Joseph White
Rank and Rate/Category: APOWTR
Enlistment Date: 03 Apr 1963
Date of Discharge: 07 Jul 1969
Ships and Depots Served: Sydney Melbourne Cerberus Lonsdale Kuttabul Penguin

Post by Joe » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:21 pm

Hang in there mate .. best medication of all is to use your grey matter .. if you say the pain is bareable then it is
.. same as no one can hurt you except yourself. Chin up Cobber!!

demo

Post by demo » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:39 pm

Thanks for those words Joe, the trouble is after my brain operation they removed the A.V.M. and part of the brain itself. Now I have no short term memory, tell me something this morning and by lunch time I have forgotten it. Long term is still excellent though. Good luck with your ailments.