Any one passing near Newcastle Slinga would love a visit as he is now in the Calvary St. Joseph Retirement Community 240. Maitland Road Sandgate 2304. It is about 3 klm from Hexham bridge.
Phone 02 4967 0607
or his personal mobile is 0414 495 037.
Slinga joined Pussers in April 62 and served in Hobart 2nd & 3rd Vietnam deployments, prior to Hobart he served on Teal, Anzac, Quickmatch, Waterhen, Rushcutter, Kuttabul & Cerberus.
Messages of those who have been turned in.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Site Admin
- Posts: 1313
- Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:56 pm
- Location: Melbourne/Bangkok
- Real Full Name: Russ Graystone
- Rank and Rate/Category: CPOFC
- Enlistment Date: 08 Jan 1969
- Date of Discharge: 07 Jan 1989
- Ships and Depots Served: JRTE 26th Intake. Derwent x2, Stuart, Vampire, Attack, Brisbane. Navy Internet Manager NHQ 1999-2003
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:25 am
- Real Full Name: Bruce Abbott
- Rank and Rate/Category: LME
- Enlistment Date: 10 Mar 1967
- Date of Discharge: 31 Dec 1993
- Ships and Depots Served: Cerberus, Duchess, Anzac,Supply,Hobart, Brisbane, Nirimba.
Slinga has now been moved to the nursing home at Tanilba Bay which is on the way to Port Stephens & closer to his 2 sons. Phone number at the Nursing Home is 02 4944 3777.At the moment the nursing home is in lock down but if when this lock down finishes and any of you are up that way he would love a visit but in the mean time a phone call to him he would really appreciate.