PLEASE READ

This is a completely brand new, clean installation of forum software and database as of Thu 28th June 2018. To participate in these forums you will need to register. Please do not message me that you are unable to log in. All previous accounts and data have been deleted. You will need to re-register.

Registration is not automatic, your submission will be reviewed by a human. Choose your username (nickname) carefully, it should be different from your real name. At registration you will asked to provide some basic information about your Naval/Military Service. The better this is done the quicker the process is. After you complete the registration you will be notified by email that your registration is accepted and you may now log in. Please wait for this email before you do or you may get locked out.

As a guest you will be able to view Vale, Sick Bay and Lost Oppo forums but you cannot post. As a registered member you will get access to view and post in all discussion forums. Including those restricted from public view.

Thanks.

Mrs Mary Graystone

Death Notices, Obituaries, Remembrances of Departed Shipmates
Johncrown
Real Full Name: John Hegarty
Rank and Rate/Category: LDA
Enlistment Date: 08 Apr 1967
Date of Discharge: 30 Jun 1971
Ships and Depots Served: Cerberus Sydney Lonsdale

Mrs Mary Graystone

Post by Johncrown » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:49 am

It is with regret I announce the passing of Russ' Mum,in the early hours of this morning.
Mary had been unwell for a while and although expected , her passing will be distressing to all who knew her as a kind and gentlewoman.
She is survived by Russ and his brother Lawrence along with Grandchildren
Im sure all Plot members,Friends and Associates will join me in extending Sincerest Condolences
To Russell and Lawrence.

Haydn
Real Full Name: Haydn Smith
Rank and Rate/Category: WOCOX
Enlistment Date: 12 Mar 1960
Date of Discharge: 12 Mar 1980
Ships and Depots Served: Sydney, Melbourne. Stuart, Moresby x 2, IMCE Holsworthy, RSO Townsville, Cerberus, Penguin, Leeuwin, Stirling

Re: Mrs Mary Graystone

Post by Haydn » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:09 am

Sincere condolences to Russ and all the Graystone Families

swampee
Real Full Name: Nigel Marsh
Rank and Rate/Category: LSSIG
Enlistment Date: 08 Jan 1975
Date of Discharge: 06 Jan 1986
Ships and Depots Served: Leeuwin Cerebus Platypus Vendetta Swan Penguin MSO Harman NO Jervis Bay Swan Stalwart FOCAF Warnambool Stuart

Post by swampee » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:09 am

A very sad and hard time Russ, even when it is expected nothing quite prepares us for the eventuality and finality of it all, we reflect upon their life and our own life, mum was always there for you, always sympathetic and understanding never poohooing your dreams, just a gentle and encouraging smile. Life is supposed to get easier as you get older but unfortunately as we get older so do our loved ones and friends,
My thoughts are with you my friend and hope these few words help to ease the pain.
Cheers

Swamp

clarky50
Real Full Name: Robert Clark
Rank and Rate/Category: LME
Enlistment Date: 07 Jul 1966
Date of Discharge: 13 Feb 1973
Ships and Depots Served: Leeuwin, Sydney, Moresby, Cerberus, Queenborough, Kuttabul, Melbourne, Kuttabul

Post by clarky50 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:07 pm

Sincere condolences on your loss Russ,remember her for the good times and that she will always be your mum.

norman5
Real Full Name: Norman Hansen
Rank and Rate/Category: POCK
Enlistment Date: 01 Jul 1966
Date of Discharge: 30 Jun 1978
Ships and Depots Served: Sydney, Horbart, Brisbane, Vendetta. Albatross (817Sqn) Nirimba, Watson.

Post by norman5 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:03 pm

Sincere condolences Russ.

Joe
Real Full Name: Joseph White
Rank and Rate/Category: APOWTR
Enlistment Date: 03 Apr 1963
Date of Discharge: 07 Jul 1969
Ships and Depots Served: Sydney Melbourne Cerberus Lonsdale Kuttabul Penguin

Post by Joe » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:52 pm

So sorry to hear of your loss Russ.
Your blessed Mother will still be with you in spirt. A tough time for you and yours. Be assured there is a huge amount if support out here. Chookas.

Bungster
Real Full Name: Neil Williams
Rank and Rate/Category: CPOQMG
Enlistment Date: 09 Jan 1973
Date of Discharge: 09 Jan 1993
Ships and Depots Served: Leeuwin, Cerberus, Duchess, Brisbane, Advance, Torrens, Lonsdale, Flinders, Derwent, Swan, Yarra, Launceston, Dubbo, Harman, Hobart

Post by Bungster » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:52 am

So very sad to hear the news of your loss Russ. Please accept my deepest sympathy.

julietkilo
Real Full Name: John Kenna
Rank and Rate/Category: WOSY
Enlistment Date: 14 Oct 1974
Date of Discharge: 13 Jan 2003
Ships and Depots Served: Leeuwin, Cerberus, Harman, Coonawarra, Kuttabul, Moreton, MHQ, HQNORCOM, Torrens, Perth, Tobruk, Adelaide, Cook, Stuart, Derwent, Westralia, Parramatta.

Post by julietkilo » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:12 am

Sad to hear of your loss Russ, RIP Mary.

stones
Site Admin
Real Full Name: Russ Graystone
Rank and Rate/Category: CPOFC
Enlistment Date: 08 Jan 1969
Date of Discharge: 07 Jan 1989
Ships and Depots Served: JRTE 26th Intake. Derwent x2, Stuart, Vampire, Attack, Brisbane. Navy Internet Manager NHQ 1999-2003

Post by stones » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:53 pm

Thank you all very much for your kind thoughts. Truly appreciate them. Mum would be very pleased, for she hosted many sailors in our family home over the years. I wouldn't be able to count them all. Too many. Many is the time I would front up at the front door unexpectedly with a mob of mates in tow for the weekend, and she loved taking care of everyone. We had some great BBQs and Smokeys at our place.

Mum had also visited Thailand on many occasions and also had a great affection for the country and its people.

Last night when I was wrapping after up a long day I stopped at my (personal farang style) Buddha Altar in my lounge, and said a few words. Having spent over half my life living with Buddhists, it does rub off a bit. Call it having five bob each way. Many would be aware of the current crisis in Thailand, in the far north in Chiang Rai, 13 young boys and their teacher/coach lost and trapped in a large flooded cave complex. Crack teams from UK, U.S., China, Australia all gathered to the fray to find them and attempt a rescue. 10 Days! 10 Days! Trapped in the dark, in flooding waters. So I asked the Buddha to help Mum, whilst on her way to where she was going, could she stop a while and maybe lend a hand.

This morning the world woke up to the news that the rescuers had found them all alive. Now they just have to get them out. They will.

Now please don't think for a second I would want to claim anything.

Yeah, I know, but it was great uplifting news.

thanks again.

rgbuddha.jpg

phpBB [media]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Paybob
Real Full Name: Robert Hall
Rank and Rate/Category: LCDR
Enlistment Date: 31 Jan 1962
Date of Discharge: 14 Feb 1983
Ships and Depots Served: RANC, ANZAC, Yarra, Melbourne, Sydney, Swan, Cerberus, FOCEA, Harman, Waterhen, SO 1st Aust Submarine Squadron

Post by Paybob » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:57 pm

Very sorry to hear of your loss, our Mothers are so special.