LOOKING FOR WOWTR PAT SCULLY

Trying to find an Oppo? Place name, service number, rank, rate, year in the Topic Subject line. Make it easier for visitors to see.
Sugarman49
Real Full Name: Paul (Blue) Walters
Rank and Rate/Category: CPOWTR
Enlistment Date: 12 Jul 1969
Date of Discharge: 19 Feb 2018
Ships and Depots Served: Duchess, Sydney, Anzac, Stalwart x2, Success, Manoora, Leeuwin, Albatross, Cerberus, Nirimba, FHQ, Kuttabul, FHQ, FONSC, Kuttabul, Penguin, FHQ, Coonawarra, Navy Office, Defence Plaza.

LOOKING FOR WOWTR PAT SCULLY

Post by Sugarman49 »

Pat was one of the early WOs and I think he paid off from the Carrier MELBOURNE. We use to chat on line as he moved to "Outback" QLD as he wife was a school teacher. Then all of a sudden he stopped. He could not afford a phone or mobile and I educated him about the Service Pension which he did get it approved. His deceased brother Mick lived in VIC.
Joe
Real Full Name: Joseph White
Rank and Rate/Category: APOWTR
Enlistment Date: 03 Apr 1963
Date of Discharge: 07 Jul 1969
Ships and Depots Served: Sydney Melbourne Cerberus Lonsdale Kuttabul Penguin

Re: LOOKING FOR WOWTR PAT SCULLY

Post by Joe »

Great info Sugarman49.
Pat and Mick were both in the same Recruit Writers class as myself. Knew both of them fairly well at the time.
They were cookie cutter look alikes. Every now and then they would change places and take the piss out of our instructors.
That was all back in the 1960's (1963/64?).
Did not catch up with either of them much after that.
Sorry to hear that Mick carked it. Like you I wonder where Pat is now.
Joe
Real Full Name: Joseph White
Rank and Rate/Category: APOWTR
Enlistment Date: 03 Apr 1963
Date of Discharge: 07 Jul 1969
Ships and Depots Served: Sydney Melbourne Cerberus Lonsdale Kuttabul Penguin

Post by Joe »

Interesting :
Basic search shows :
Patrick Garth Scully R62221 dob 13/08/1945 Perth WA NOK Hazel (Mother) Place of enlistment Adelaide date of enlistment 03/06/1963.
AND
Edward Terence Scully R62312 dob13/08/1945 Place of birth Subiaco Perth WA NOK HAZEL (Mother) place of enlistment Adelaide date of enlistment 03/06/1963.
So it appears Mick was actually Edward Terence. Certainly seems the right time as I enlisted in April, 1963 and my o/n was R62081.
The above is from Navy records. Don't know if it will help or not - hope so.
StoneyB3
Real Full Name: Garry Bourke
Rank and Rate/Category: POWTR
Enlistment Date: 08 Mar 1964
Date of Discharge: 20 Jul 1975
Ships and Depots Served: Leeuwin, Diamantina, Cerberus, Derwent, Albatross, Tarangau, Waterhen, Huon

Post by StoneyB3 »

Blue - are you a member of the RAN Writers organisation. They have just updated their membership list so may be able to assist. I served with Pat (I was also a writer) but can't remember whether it was at Cerberus or Albatross.