PLEASE READ

This is a completely brand new, clean installation of forum software and database as of Thu 28th June 2018. To participate in these forums you will need to register. Please do not message me that you are unable to log in. All previous accounts and data have been deleted. You will need to re-register.

Registration is not automatic, your submission will be reviewed by a human. Choose your username (nickname) carefully, it should be different from your real name. At registration you will asked to provide some basic information about your Naval/Military Service. The better this is done the quicker the process is. After you complete the registration you will be notified by email that your registration is accepted and you may now log in. Please wait for this email before you do or you may get locked out.

As a guest you will be able to view Vale, Sick Bay and Lost Oppo forums but you cannot post. As a registered member you will get access to view and post in all discussion forums. Including those restricted from public view.

Thanks.

Are You OK?

Messages of those who have been turned in.
stones
Site Admin
Real Full Name: Russ Graystone
Rank and Rate/Category: CPOFC
Enlistment Date: 08 Jan 1969
Date of Discharge: 07 Jan 1989
Ships and Depots Served: JRTE 26th Intake. Derwent x2, Stuart, Vampire, Attack, Brisbane. Navy Internet Manager NHQ 1999-2003

Are You OK?

Post by stones » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:25 pm

Old Saying From Grandmother: "Never rely on someone else for your own happiness."

I gotta admit, even though I have Cable TV and saw his name regularly pop up (I am not into watching any cooking shows), I really did not know who Anthony Bourdain was, that is, until after his much publicised death by suicide. Seemed to me that he had the world at his feet. But died of a broken heart. Used and betrayed.

Foreigners (males) committing suicide, for similar reasons as Anthony Bourdain, occurs here quite regularly . The most common method, peculiar to the LOS, is leaping from tall buildings.

I have seen the acronym MGTOW many times in articles on the internet and never knew what the hell it meant. Not the foggiest. So I went to 'google' and looked it up. Wow! Interesting. When you think about all the crap going on in society today. Not a lot of it great.

Stay frosty 8-)

MGTOW (”Men Going Their Own Way”) is a way of life which refuses to defer to women in defining the worth of men. Instead, it focuses on positive male aspects, inviting men to go their own way in life.

phpBB [media]