PLEASE READ

This is a completely brand new, clean installation of forum software and database as of Thu 28th June 2018. To participate in these forums you will need to register. Please do not message me that you are unable to log in. All previous accounts and data have been deleted. You will need to re-register.

Registration is not automatic, your submission will be reviewed by a human. Choose your username (nickname) carefully, it should be different from your real name. At registration you will asked to provide some basic information about your Naval/Military Service. The better this is done the quicker the process is. After you complete the registration you will be notified by email that your registration is accepted and you may now log in. Please wait for this email before you do or you may get locked out.

As a guest you will be able to view Vale, Sick Bay and Lost Oppo forums but you cannot post. As a registered member you will get access to view and post in all discussion forums. Including those restricted from public view.

Thanks.

LCOX Leonard Eldon Kingston-Kerr, R55226

Death Notices, Obituaries, Remembrances of Departed Shipmates
SLSU1966
Real Full Name: Michael Fogarty
Rank and Rate/Category: LEUT
Enlistment Date: 28 Feb 1966
Date of Discharge: 12 May 1972
Ships and Depots Served: Cerberus, Duchess, Melbourne, Kuttabul, FHQ, Harman

Post by SLSU1966 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:41 pm

Born 27 October, 1940 and died today, 21 August, 2018. Joined in 1959 and served in Vendetta during the fag end of the Malaysian Emergency 1959-60. Was originally an ABWM. I served with him in Duchess in 1966-1967 and remember him as a good seaman always taking charge of the many part-of-ship activities he was involved in. Later transferred to the Regulating Branch but unsure of his final rank on separation if he was a lifer. Also served in Vietnam. No funeral, a private cremation, ashes to be scattered by the RAN at a later date. Was active with Greenbank RSL and the NAA. Good hand.

paulkaz
Real Full Name: Paul Nicholas
Rank and Rate/Category: CPOMTP3
Enlistment Date: 12 Jan 1962
Date of Discharge: 14 Jan 1982
Ships and Depots Served: Cerberus (4) Waterhen, Kuttabul, G.I Dockyard, Cockatoo Is, Nirimba. Diamantina, Sydney, Parramatta, Hobart, Perth.

Re: LCOX Leonard Eldon Kingston-Kerr, R55226

Post by paulkaz » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:40 am

He was a PO Coxswain on the Sydney in 1971 Michael when he did 3 trips to Vung Tau.

SLSU1966
Real Full Name: Michael Fogarty
Enlistment Date: 28 Feb 1966
Date of Discharge: 12 May 1972
Ships and Depots Served: Cerberus, Duchess, Melbourne, Kuttabul, FHQ, Harman

Post by SLSU1966 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:07 pm

Thanks advice Paul. I lost touch with Len after our time in Duchess (66-67) and do not know if he got further promoted or did his 20 years for pension. However, I did meet up with him again in Duchess reunions, very supportive of the Navy and kept in touch with regular newsletters to many of us.

Tug 45th
Real Full Name: Michael John Patrick Wilson
Enlistment Date: 12 Oct 1973
Date of Discharge: 03 Nov 2012
Ships and Depots Served: LEE, CER, MEL, VAM, BRI, KUT, ALB, PER, ALB, WAT, BRU, NIR, NEW, MHQ, ADFA, SYSCOM, ANZ, SYSCOM, Hun 1, Ard 4, DNPISM, DPSN - PMN.

Re: LCOX Leonard Eldon Kingston-Kerr, R55226

Post by Tug 45th » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:47 pm

Len was the Coxswain of HMAS VAMPIRE in 1977-1978, he paid off in 1979. I was an ABQMG in VAMPIRE at the time and he had an amazingly positive impact on me. He was an inspirational mentor to many and, 'K-K' was very instrumental in the way that I turned out. I can recall a serious discussion he had with me in relation to my, 'accumulation of minor charges'. Thankfully he supported me and I was given another chance. Forever remembered.