PLEASE READ

This is a completely brand new, clean installation of forum software and database as of Thu 28th June 2018. To participate in these forums you will need to register. Please do not message me that you are unable to log in. All previous accounts and data have been deleted. You will need to re-register.

Registration is not automatic, your submission will be reviewed by a human. Choose your username (nickname) carefully, it should be different from your real name. At registration you will asked to provide some basic information about your Naval/Military Service. The better this is done the quicker the process is. After you complete the registration you will be notified by email that your registration is accepted and you may now log in. Please wait for this email before you do or you may get locked out.

As a guest you will be able to view Vale, Sick Bay and Lost Oppo forums but you cannot post. As a registered member you will get access to view and post in all discussion forums. Including those restricted from public view.

Thanks.

The DVA Bereavement Team

Death Notices, Obituaries, Remembrances of Departed Shipmates
stones
Site Admin
Real Full Name: Russ Graystone
Rank and Rate/Category: CPOFC
Enlistment Date: 08 Jan 1969
Date of Discharge: 07 Jan 1989
Ships and Depots Served: JRTE 26th Intake. Derwent x2, Stuart, Vampire, Attack, Brisbane. Navy Internet Manager NHQ 1999-2003

Re: The DVA Bereavement Team

Post by stones » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:33 pm

Received this in the snail mail yesterday. So good to know they are on the ball over this. We see the waste in government every day, and they are freaking out over 600 oxfords!

This made me go rushing off to my Netbank Account yesterday. The recovery of the said over payment, as shown in the letter, has already been done!

They (DVA) recovered it, on the very same say (05th July), no more than an hour after the incorrect payment via Direct Deposit was made! I also received a letter (snail mail) from my Bank (CBA) advising me of this weeks ago.

Pay attention to the highlighted text. One hopes that they do not 'go around the buoy'.
dvaletter04aug2018.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Furious
Real Full Name: Bill Furey
Rank and Rate/Category: LSRP
Enlistment Date: 08 Jan 1969
Date of Discharge: 08 Jan 1979
Ships and Depots Served: JRTE 26th Intake, then HMA’S Derwent x 2, Watson, Stuart, Albatross, Penguin, Kuttabul

Re: The DVA Bereavement Team

Post by Furious » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:17 am

Yes Russ watch that...as that will be probably what will happen?