Ken Anderson

Death Notices, Obituaries, Remembrances of Departed Shipmates
TonyVA
Real Full Name: Tony LaTourette
Rank and Rate/Category: RM1
Enlistment Date: 24 Apr 1964
Date of Discharge: 30 Apr 1987
Ships and Depots Served: USS Sabine, USS Salish, USS Aeolus, USS Plymouth Rock, USNS Mosopelea, USS Leahy, USS Conolly, USS La Moure County, Comservron Eight, NSSF New London CT

Ken Anderson

Post by TonyVA » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:52 pm

Many years ago on the old Gun-Plot I got into a semi heated discussion with a former [RAN] sailor named Ken Anderson. We kept bmost of the discussion on PM's. Eventually our correspondence turned into weekly phone calls. Ken used skype and I had a international plan on my cell-phone that cost me $3.95 a month.

We quickly decided not to talk politics. I guess we kept up our calls for over 12/13 years. I learned so much about Australia and it's people from him. He even sent me some Vegemite, which I thought was tasty, but a little to salfor me.

Ken was in the RAN during the 50's and I believe he was an electronics technician or what ever the RAN calls what we at the time caller an ETR.

His son sent me an email informing me of hiss passing. I don't know if anyone remembers him, but I figured I'd post his passing on this site.. Even though we had opposite view ; I shall miss our weekly conversations.

stones
Site Admin
Real Full Name: Russ Graystone
Rank and Rate/Category: CPOFC
Enlistment Date: 08 Jan 1969
Date of Discharge: 07 Jan 1989
Ships and Depots Served: JRTE 26th Intake. Derwent x2, Stuart, Vampire, Attack, Brisbane. Navy Internet Manager NHQ 1999-2003

Re: Ken Anderson

Post by stones » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:49 pm

I gotta be honest Tony, but I cannot remember the bloke. A bit unusual for me really. He was not an active poster probably. Not to mention how many 'Andersons' I knew in the RAN. A Greenie from the 1950s, probably explains it.

Anyway mate, I am sorry you have lost your mate. May he rest in peace.

You can always give me a call if you want.

My Yank EX Capt USAF Intel, Bro in Law (now working and living in Japan again) is a Democrat. But I don't think he brags about it much these days,