PLEASE READ

This is a completely brand new, clean installation of forum software and database as of Thu 28th June 2018. To participate in these forums you will need to register. Please do not message me that you are unable to log in. All previous accounts and data have been deleted. You will need to re-register.

Registration is not automatic, your submission will be reviewed by a human. Choose your username (nickname) carefully, it should be different from your real name. At registration you will asked to provide some basic information about your Naval/Military Service. The better this is done the quicker the process is. After you complete the registration you will be notified by email that your registration is accepted and you may now log in. Please wait for this email before you do or you may get locked out.

As a guest you will be able to view Vale, Sick Bay and Lost Oppo forums but you cannot post. As a registered member you will get access to view and post in all discussion forums. Including those restricted from public view.

Thanks.

The DVA Bereavement Team

Death Notices, Obituaries, Remembrances of Departed Shipmates
stones
Site Admin
Real Full Name: Russ Graystone
Rank and Rate/Category: CPOFC
Enlistment Date: 08 Jan 1969
Date of Discharge: 07 Jan 1989
Ships and Depots Served: JRTE 26th Intake. Derwent x2, Stuart, Vampire, Attack, Brisbane. Navy Internet Manager NHQ 1999-2003

The DVA Bereavement Team

Post by stones » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:59 pm

What a fuckin' joke! Must be one of the better jobs in Australia.

Mum passed away at 0215 02JUL2018. At 0800 that same morning I rang the DVA and advised them. Mum was a War Widow receiving a War Widows Pension from DVA. Her Pension was due on the 5h July. The Public Tyrant on the end of the phone informed me this would be passed on to the 'Bereavement Team'. Wow! That sounded good.

However their tardiness to act meant Mum's full Pension went into her bank account anyway. Then very shortly (approx 30mins) after the direct deposit, in a separate transaction almost HALF of the full amount of her pension was ripped back out. A letter was received from the CBA informing me of the amount ripped back out and informing me that this was done by a 'Statutory Authority'.

That's it.

No contact, no explanation, nor breakdown of deductions from the DVA. ZIP.

In fact. I have not heard from anyone from the DVA abvout anything, especially from their so-called 'Bereavement Team. Can someone tell me just what the fuck they do? Apart from fuck things up.

AND DON'T FUCKING TELL ME TO CLAIM ETC. VIA THE FUCKING INTERNET!

As big government gets even bigger and they hire more bludging Public Tyrants, all their work is being outsourced to the internet.

Just what is it that they do? Apart from just turning up. Sometimes.

Furious
Real Full Name: Bill Furey
Rank and Rate/Category: LSRP
Date of Discharge: 08 Jan 1979
Ships and Depots Served: JRTE 26th Intake, then HMA’S Derwent x 2, Watson, Stuart, Albatross, Penguin, Kuttabul

Re: The DVA Bereavement Team

Post by Furious » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:45 pm

Yeah Russ, that was nearly the same scenario for my Mum when she passed away....except we never knew about a Bereavement Team....
I will be most interested in the comments on this one?

stones
Site Admin
Real Full Name: Russ Graystone
Rank and Rate/Category: CPOFC
Date of Discharge: 07 Jan 1989
Ships and Depots Served: JRTE 26th Intake. Derwent x2, Stuart, Vampire, Attack, Brisbane. Navy Internet Manager NHQ 1999-2003

Re: The DVA Bereavement Team

Post by stones » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:43 pm

I hark back to 1977 when my father suffered his first stroke and was invalided out of work. Mum reached out for some assistance from the DVA/Welfare System at the time. A Public Tyrant on the other end of the phone asked Mum if she was working full time. When Mum replied, yes, she was working full time. The voice on the other end said. 'Good, then you keep him Mrs Graystone'.

That's a fact. And she did. Until he died. No help or assistance was given then either.

fuck the lot of them.

Bereavement Team? It's probably a Netball Team in Canberra.