I was the PO on watch at the time it happened.
A real scary moment for me and my crew of stokers.
Never want to go through that again, but now I am in civvy street that is unlikely.
I still have nightmares about it.
I had the year wrong, I thought it was 1974 that it occurred.Old age is catching up fast on me, memory problems.
Messages of those who have been turned in.
- Posts: 142
- Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:59 pm
- Location: Philippines
- Real Full Name: Brian Demeary
- Rank and Rate/Category: POMTP3
- Enlistment Date: 18 Nov 1962
- Date of Discharge: 07 Sep 1979
- Ships and Depots Served: Cerberus, Vendetta, Yarra, Albatross, Melbourne, Creswell, Perth, Brisbane x 2, 1MCE, Penguin