Glasses

Messages of those who have been turned in.
demo
Real Full Name: Brian Demeary
Rank and Rate/Category: POMTP3
Enlistment Date: 18 Nov 1962
Date of Discharge: 07 Sep 1979
Ships and Depots Served: Cerberus, Vendetta, Yarra, Albatross, Melbourne, Creswell, Perth, Brisbane x 2, 1MCE, Penguin

Re: Glasses

Post by demo » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:24 pm

I know exactly how you feel Russ, if they had not approved the surgery for the Cataracts I would have either been up for over thirty thousand pesos or eventually go blind. I still find it amusing that I initially claimed for failing eyesight and then in their wisdom changed it to Acquired Cataracts. How they read that has me buggered.
I will not be going back to Aus just for new glasses as at the moment they have not issued me with a new Gold Card and will not do so until I return there. How fucking long that will take to get I have no idea. I guess that as my eyesight deteriorates even further I will just have to pay for them from my own pocket. No real big deal for me at the moment but I think that I might have some trouble with my medicine claims down the road. At the moment they are taking roughly 4 to 5 weeks to reimburse me. it used to only take 3 weeks before.I am happy living here in the Philippines and am not going back to Australia to live, the place is too fucking dear what with the price of food, rent and Petrol among other things.

Joe
Real Full Name: Joseph White
Rank and Rate/Category: APOWTR
Enlistment Date: 03 Apr 1963
Date of Discharge: 07 Jul 1969
Ships and Depots Served: Sydney Melbourne Cerberus Lonsdale Kuttabul Penguin

Post by Joe » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:39 pm

........ and you'll have to bring your own toilet paper and keep your eyes open so you don't get attacked and have it stolen!

demo
Ships and Depots Served: Cerberus, Vendetta, Yarra, Albatross, Melbourne, Creswell, Perth, Brisbane x 2, 1MCE, Penguin

Post by demo » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:04 pm

There is plenty of toilet paper in the Philippines Joe, want me to send you some? :oops:

stones
Site Admin
Real Full Name: Russ Graystone
Rank and Rate/Category: CPOFC
Enlistment Date: 08 Jan 1969
Date of Discharge: 07 Jan 1989
Ships and Depots Served: JRTE 26th Intake. Derwent x2, Stuart, Vampire, Attack, Brisbane. Navy Internet Manager NHQ 1999-2003

Post by stones » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:26 pm

Hehe, No shortage in the LOS either, I just spoke to my mate in Melbourne and told him the same thing, that I could post him down some if he gets in the shit. (pardon the pun)

Actually the Thais use 4x4, predominantly for table napkins, as anyone who has knocked around this Kingdom would attest. Water Guns are still the favoured method for wiping/cleaning one's date.

A few years back my local shopping mall here retro fitted ALL their dunnies (of which there are plenty) with Electronically controlled Bidets where you can, by using a panel at the side, control nozzle position - up, down, left right, control water temp and temp and position of the blow dryer! I'll take a pic of one next time I go. By the way, they are amongst the cleanest and most well kept dunnies I have ever seen (outside of Japan) with a permanent cleaner on the job in every one during Mall Opening hours.

demo

Post by demo » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:22 pm

In the Philippines they mainly use water to clean after visiting the toilet, toilet paper is seldom seen here although we do have it. Took a while to adapt to that.

Joe

Post by Joe » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:42 pm

Thanks for the toilet paper offer Demo ... none left in the shops down here. I'm planning to drag the hoses in when we run out.

stones
Site Admin
Real Full Name: Russ Graystone
Rank and Rate/Category: CPOFC
Enlistment Date: 08 Jan 1969
Date of Discharge: 07 Jan 1989
Ships and Depots Served: JRTE 26th Intake. Derwent x2, Stuart, Vampire, Attack, Brisbane. Navy Internet Manager NHQ 1999-2003

Post by stones » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:20 pm

Take heart Demo, fucking public servants and bureaucrats! Is it any wonder the bastards want to keep us divided by all their manufactured social justice agenda. Whilst the Politicians are busy feeding their own egos, grandstanding, one upmanship, and working on their next election campaign.

Heaven help them if all Australians did come together and demand better from these useless, petty, officious, bludging pieces of shit! Again, Australia is neither a free, nor fair country.

Listen to this lot.

phpBB [media]

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:41 pm

Jesus! Thanks for that Stones. No bloody decency or respect at all.
Am also now aware of the Dept of Climate Change and Water ... I'm out looking for toilet paper tomorrow - no way I could pay the fine for misusing the hose in the toilet .... and if the investigate my toilet they'll pass out and I'll be done for assisting climate change ... enough to make me fart for a week. 😲

swampee
Real Full Name: Nigel Marsh
Rank and Rate/Category: LSSIG
Enlistment Date: 08 Jan 1975
Date of Discharge: 06 Jan 1986
Ships and Depots Served: Leeuwin Cerebus Platypus Vendetta Swan Penguin MSO Harman NO Jervis Bay Swan Stalwart FOCAF Warnambool Stuart

Post by swampee » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:26 pm

You ok Demo havent heard from you in a while, whats happening in the Phillipines mate

Cheers
Swamp

demo

Post by demo » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:43 pm

Swampee,
No problems mate, we are all a bit bored what with the COVID 19 restrictions being upheld very tight over here. Only one person allowed out of the house with a pass. I am too old to go out as I am 74 now, any one over 60 or children under 18 have to stay inside. People are still doing what is bloody dangerous and hanging around in groups without face masks, we are only allowed two people together at any one time, most likely the same as you guys.
They are still having B-B-Q's and drinking together, fucking idiots.
They are doing temperature checks at every store to make sure you do not have a temperature, scan the forehead with the new type of instrument.Have to wash the hands before entering and then get sprayed with sanitizer as well.
My wife has to do all the running around for our family, has to carry the pass and if she does not have it there is a $1,000.00 Aud on the spot fine.
Yes mate, we are all coping OK and just wanting this shit to pass over.
Thanks for the inquirey, Hope you all are OK as well.